View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Re: If you got Ladanian Tomlinson and a few of his closest friends...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

OK so your point was purely that there exists people in the world who both weigh more and can run 40 metres faster than Lomu?

[/ QUOTE ]

Was just answering your previous question, asking if their were any DE's that were bigger and faster:

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">tarheeljks said:</font>
he is obv a good athlete, but there are plenty of defensive ends who are bigger and faster than this guy
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">PartyGirlUK said:</font>
Bigger than 265lbs yet able to run 100 metres in less than 10.9 + also super well coordinated?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To cut to the point, yes, there are a lot of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Firstly, I really, really doubt that Bears dude could beat Lomu over 100m. Refer to the blog article linked above. Secondly, I really find it incredibly unlikely that there are all these 265 lb super fast super athletic guys out there with amazing cardio.

Now, I think this argument is pretty silly. There's no way that the best NFL players would ever be the best in the world at rugby. If they had started from a young age, there is a very good chance they would be. Guys like LT, Hester, Moss etc. But also I'm sure that Johnny Wilkinson could walk into the NFL right now, and that guys like Lomu and Martin Johnson could have succeeded in the NFL if they were American raised etc.