View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Should the Pats be running up the score on everybody in garbage ti

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Even if they block the field goal and run it back for a touchdown, the game is over. There really was no reason for Brady to be in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've just been assuming that Belichick and Brady are interested in putting up an absolutely bananas season, numbers-wise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this answer.

[ QUOTE ]
David from Northridge, CA: With regards to the Pats and the Colts running up scores, I think dominant teams should avoid doing that simply because it allows players to hit unlikely contract incentives. As a result, it will hasten their fall. Any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Vic: That’s not the problem with lopsided scores. In my opinion, the problem with winning easy is that it makes a team soft. Hair-raising wins and losses battle-harden a team. They prepare a team for those pressure situations in postseason play. Teams that win easy often have trouble dealing with adversity. They have a tendency to fold the first time they face true crunch time. I don’t think that’ll be the case with either the Pats or Colts because those teams and their quarterbacks already are battle-hardened, but I think winning easy had hurt the Colts in the past. We’ll see what happens. I like teams that know how to win the close ones. As far as incentives, you want your players earning them. It means they’ve been successful. It means they’ll be more likely to negotiate them into their future contracts.

[/ QUOTE ]

From 10/29 Jaguars.com Ask Vic. Link to article