View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 01:00 PM

Default Re: Sam\'s Town Tunica mini report

[ QUOTE ]
About 10 hands into it I look down in UTG+2 and see 2 black aces. I raise WAY too little for this game to 12 bucks. The next guy says raise instantly and throws out $30. I've played with him before and I don't think he has it in him to raise in that situation without a premium hand. So I think he's got KK or even AA. It gets back to me with a few hesitation folds making me wonder if anyone is folding an ace. So I think for a while and say how I don't like the situation that I'm in yada yada. I say "well I can't fold so I guess I'll raise it up to 100." (He had about 125 left). He pushes instantly I call and he shows QQ. My aces hold up and I'm up a lil over 150 in 5 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, nice TR! I have just a few comments on some of the hands, like you asked for. On this one, you can't seriously be worried about getting allin with AA preflop? Worrying if someone mucks an ace? And the speech, with which I would def put you on KK-AA. Luckily, this guy didn't, and missed his 2 outs.

[ QUOTE ]
I bet 60 with the 2nd nuts and both call! One shows the Jh and the lady shows the Qh.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol people suck at poker. i always wonder what the overcaller thinks people have.

[ QUOTE ]
Next hand I play is 20 minutes later and I called a 450 raise with AKos. Flop blank he bets big and I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming you were somewhere around 3000 chips in which case, plz plz plz shove preflop.

[ QUOTE ]
Then I start getting some decent cards, calling or mini raising

[/ QUOTE ]

bleh.

[ QUOTE ]
I still have an ultra tight image (I think) and I raise in MP with AJ which I normally don't like and another guy goes all in for like 2500 (I had bet PF 900, when blinds were 150-300 25 ante) I didn't want to call but I had to with ATC. He shows AJ as well and we chop.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh. mandatory call.

[ QUOTE ]
Sure enough my bb 2 guys go all in for 2800 and 2500. I call blind and flip Q5, I'm against KQ and AK yay! I hit a 5 on the turn and an A hits on the river. Now I'm at 5kish with the SB. Same deal with SB I'm committed to another small stack and I lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate these spots in tourneys too where it's late and everyone has like 12 BB. I probably would have called the Q5, but it depends on where people are and how desperate they are. I ran a quick PokerStove, giving both players any pair, any 2 broadway, any ace. You have 22% equity. You have to call 18 to win 68, so you are getting between 3 and 4 to 1, so right about waht you need. It's a def call with just 1 allin, as you have 33% equity vs that range. Also, the 2nd guy's range has to tighten just a tiny bit once one allin happens. But by the same token, it may be worht a slight -cEV gamble b/c you'll be in much better shape if you win. Also, some people are v bad and will still only shove AJ+, 99+ with freakin 2800 chips at 500/1000, so know who they are.

[ QUOTE ]
My wife says she's hungry and I tell her once I sit for 10 min or so we'll go eat and that time will count towards my play. I don't like to sit and leave the table ASAP to go eat but I was in a deal I didn't like.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry man, that's pretty weak. don't hose your table and the waiting list because you made a deal where you don't like the terms.

[ QUOTE ]
Anything from burgers to Alaskan crap legs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds DELICIOUS! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I go back and tell myself I'm going to be Capt. Tight arse at the table. These 3-6 HE tables are crazy late at night on weekends (or prolly all the time). I mean people calling with inside str8 draws to the river after multiple raises. When they hit they get berated and then the little arguments go on and on.

[/ QUOTE ]

have you read Small Stakes Hold'em? If not, do so immediately, and learn to looooooove these games.

[ QUOTE ]
I only had one memorable hand in LHE. I'm in the BB and I check w/o looking.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very bad, and -EV. Assuming the standard 4-6 callers, you can build the pot $12-$18 right here with your hands that play well multiway. I wouldn't raise big offsuit cards except for AK, but I would raise most pocket pairs, and any suited broadways.

[ QUOTE ]
The flop was 9-8-8. I check (again w/o looking) and next guy bets and the only other guy in the pot raises. I look at the first card and it's an 8. I call and the next guy calls (I've only looked at 1 card.) The turn is a 7. So now I'm thinking I'm going to have someone hit a str8 on me and I deserve it. I check next guy bets next guy raises and I look at my other card and it's a 10. I call. The river is the case 8. There's no FD out there and I bet 6. The next guy calls and the next guy raises. yeehaw! I look at him and tell him "I don't think he has the 9 so I'll raise". So I raise and both guys call. First passive guy has KK and the raiser has A9.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is very bad. checking the flop without looking, then only looking at one card is just sacrificing EV for no reason whatsoever. Then the speech on the end "I don't think you have the ____, I raise" that is terrible. That is a 100% guarantee that the speaker can beat _________. On a paired board, "I don't think you have the flush, I raise" translates from donk to English as "I HAVE A FULL HOUSE, OR BOAT IN COLLOQUIAL TERMS."

Again, not trying to bash, just offering some hopefully constructive feedback. I'll be heading to Tuna Town in May, hopefully we can meet up (I'm not staying at ST, for sure, after your mattress description and the crap leg buffet!)