View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 12:47 PM

Default Re: new rules

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-you talk to anyone during the hand, same thing. anyone. even HU.

You mean someone not at the table, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I don't. It's fairly stupid and takes a lot of the fun out of tournaments.

Edit: Of course, I'm referring to talking about the hand in any way, shape or form. Not just talking to people about general crap. I mean stuff like:
-"you got two pair over there?"
-"flush draw on the board..."
-"I think I have you beat..."
-"You want action?"

stuff like that...

[/ QUOTE ]

I was there last weekend, playing in an Act II super. Floor was standing right next to the table. I raised pf with AKo, called in one place. I cb and get raised all-in by a guy who had flopped a set earlier. Floor person is looking right at me, 3 feet away.

I say "What, you flop a set on me, too?"

Floor person *and* dealer do not say or do anything. I repeat myself, and again they do nothing. I call and bust the guy who had AQ.

This all happened well after you say this rule went into effect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kurn,

The rule is in tact, the enforcement is sporadic at best. The problem is, you can talk all tourney and not be repremanded, but then you get the wrong dealer/wrong player/wrong situation and they may then decide to enforce the rules. I talk to people all the time and "get away with it" but I have been at tables where people are at least threatened with penalties for talking.

You can probably get away with it but it only taks one time of "getting caught" to suck.