View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 12:43 PM

Default Re: Bill Clinton addressing \'9/11 conspiracy\' hecklers in Minnesota.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Catching Osama was NEVER a top priority for this administration.

[/ QUOTE ]

commanding general in afgan (3 star centcom) said on radio show (stan monteith) that the mission in afgan was overthrowing taliban government and getting bin laden was *not* part of the mission. at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
This actually makes sense because 1. Osama isn't in Afghanistan, he's in Pakistan. We can't admit that our military is after Osama in Pakistan because then the Pakistanis go ape and 2. Getting Osama is the CIA's job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Add to that the strategic advantages that he and his protectors had once he had gone to ground, and the tremendous loss of US lives for the capture of one person, it wasnt worth it. Its far more important to restrict his movement and ability to direct the organization than it is to kill him, which would have momentary impact.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the most retarded apologia for the Bush administration's failure to deal with obl I've ever heard.

You're OK with him surviving in Pakistan, a country (WITH NUCLEAR WEAPONS) in which a significant portion of the population wouldn't mind having him as president?

I always thought the idea that saddam was a threat to the United States ridiculous, but Osama and al-Zawahiri in Pakistan I can see.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then bomb the hell out of Pakistan and drive him into the open, don't send foot soldiers to sure slaughter trying to root him out of caves.

Then whine about how we shouldnt have attacked Pakistan.

Like all other liberals, you're full of wonderful ideas and have no practical solutions.