View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 11:16 AM

Default Re: A-Rod opts out of contract

I tend to agree with the poster (too far back sorry) who said that Boras must know something we don't wrt some team's interest, because, regardless or whether he wants to stay with the Yankees or not, to remove the one team that has no budgetary restraints from the equation seems unthinkable. At least if generating a bigger contract is the goal.

So the question is which team this might be, which is hard for me to figure because I doubt anyone is interested in being the Rangers of the next decade.

Red Sox: I think he's a bad fit for the Red Sox because of chemistry problems (having a huge, delicate ego on a team with already fairly good sized egos but with good chemistry currently), plus Boston is already facing the challenge of how to keep as much of their young talent as they can without a huge contract to cripple them.

Cubs: The Cubs/Pinella angle is interesting, although I don't think Pinella's fatherly influence is as much of a factor as people like to think--Arod's not a teenager anymore. However, Cub fans are more forgiving than NY/Boston/Philly fans and thus a better fit that way.

Not much info to go on with other teams...