View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 09:36 AM

Default Re: Couples with differing views on religion

[ QUOTE ]
The problem here is that you are automatically equating those who have some belief in religion with fundamentalist Christians who base everything on a literal interpretation of some book. There's a huge realm in between where most people who believe in religion fit in. Trust me, my beliefs have no impact on my complete faith in evolution, the scientific method and any other thing that you would call "rational."

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is, these people that you are talking about are not "Christians" or "Muslims". I have no issue with people who are of the belief that this world is all too complicated to be random chance and think their is some kind of higher power that has something to do with this. The issue is people who strictly define this "God" and claim they know His thoughts and what He wants and that they are special. And all of these beliefs are built on irrational happenings and a semi fictitious book that these "fundamentalists" hold onto even in the face of logic and reason that clearly identifies the fallacies of their thoughts.

I do have issues with people who drag their kids to church every weekend for play time and cookies to brainwash them into believing in a Santa Claus who will send you to Hell if you think for yourself.

The damndest thing of it all is that most people who identify themselves as religious cant even hold a conversation on evolution or the logical fallacies that they "believe" in. They never stop to think about the concepts behind what they believe.

Religious people in general are intellectually dishonest, and that is what drives most atheist types crazy.