View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 09:05 AM

Default Re: 25 NL: 3-handed aggressive game

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, everyone.

One thing is bothering me, though: Doesn't raising the flop allow villain to play perfectly? He's not getting bluffed off a pair and he's giving up with overcards so I figured at the time I'd flat call two streets instead of raising flop and putting in essentially the same amount of money. Sure, I don't protect my hand and I'm playing it passively, but is it still not worth it when villain occasionally double barrels?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty much the same reason you raise very wet flops when you've got top set. If he's betting as a bluff you're unlikely to get any more value out of him. Why then give him the chance to catch up by hitting the overcards?

I'd say that if he bets the turn it's more likely that he either had a hand on the flop or caught top pair on the turn so you're likely behind when calling the turn so there's no value in seeing that street.

This is a position when you don't have strong enough cards to continue when an overcard hits on the turn so giving him a free look is too risky. Don't get greedy and don't give him a chance to hit. So raise the flop.