View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 08:58 AM

Default Re: 10/20 flop a little bit of everything in multiway pot

[ QUOTE ]
oops, didnt notice button called pre flop. that changes things for sure.

gee cmyr, how the hell did you get yourself into this one?

well, if you know the button is aggro and he's going to bet, then of course check raise........but the others would know he's agro too and could be waiting just for that and you could get caught in the middle.

i think a check on the flop is the more prudent play. hands are like buses, just wait and another one will come .

this hand is filled with too many question marks. when there is too many question marks, i like to sway towards avoidance. possibly getting off this hand is not going to ruin your career.

check and see what happens and then flip a coin. its real close.

[/ QUOTE ]

But if you keep letting the buses go by, you'll never get to where you want to go. Playing poker, the destination is obviously the money.

If there is an agro button involved, I'd be looking to c/r most of the time here. Our hand does well against everything but the biggest of monsters. Of course, if others are looking to get in the pot we're probably not going to be in the best shape, but given that no one else at the table is that deep, we'll be committed with a check/raise and just have to cross our fingers.

I think leading with a pot-sized bet may lead to a multiway situation where people are making calls with various weakish draws, but collectively they leave us drawing thin and I don't perceive any real fold equity in it. Definitely a check/raise here the majority of the time I think and of course as Petteri mentioned it's always good for image when we do gamble a bit. However, image is definitely not a primary consideration because I think we can win this hand without a showdown a reasonable amount of the time.