View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 06:50 AM

Default Re: Do you call this river bet?5/10nl

[ QUOTE ]
I would call since he can be value betting a 9 here given your line, and your hand also looks super weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming that the villain is not a complete donkey and is raising reasonable cards, and from his stats it seems that way. There really isn't that many combinations of a hand with a 9 that we beat. Since we're holding TT, we have to discount the fact that he can be holding T9, so that only leaves A9, and perhaps 96. Though I don't know how often he'll be raising 96 here.

For some reason I find it very unlikely that he'll be value betting as lightly as a pair of 99s. There aren't that many hands that he has beat that he could possibly hope to get paid off with.

I could be wrong here since I haven't played much 5/10nl and just moved up, but isn't a value bet here on the river with JJ+ extremely thin?

Because of that, I think that his range on the river must be extremely polarized. I think it's either a two pair/set/straight hand, or a complete bluff. Then again, I did play this super super weak, and he may be sick enough to value bet a high PP.