View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 06:37 AM

Default Re: Official Party Regulars Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your actually right that the debases his arguments by talking about losing. He would do better by sticking to the relevant facts: It's well established that "perfect" shortstack play is achievable and non-exploitable. This is the reason that people don't like it - not because they can't beat it, but because it makes the game mechanical & uninteresting and makes tighter & straightfoward preflop play correct. Furthermore, ratholing is obviously completely unethical.

Tbh I don't see a problem with deep and short tables (no ratholing), so that everyone can be happy.

Now stfu unless you have something useful to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is def right. There is no point in referring to reduced profits as an argumant. PP don't owe anyone a living but they should respond if a good proportion of players dislike a practice that is unethical and destroys the game. I really think that increasing the buyin to 30bb would make a huge difference and that's what I'd like to see, rather than split tables (otherwise these [censored] ratholers would just play against other ratholers and the millions of short stack fish).

[/ QUOTE ]

It's impossible to "rathole" at Party. People are under no obligation to stay at a table. They can leave when they like.

The thing I've found with most players if they are never as good as they think they are. There are some good shortstackers, but most of them are terrible.