View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 11:57 PM

Default Re: ***** Clash of the Titans, Week 9: NE @ Ind*****

I don't even know what to say. I do think that it has to be mentioned, when people talk about NE being more improved than Indy this year, they're right.

You can't really improve from Manning, Harrison, Wayne, Clark, and Addai without adding someone like Moss. The Pats offense realistically couldn't have gotten much worse. The Colts offense couldn't get THAT much better as they were pretty much the best until this season.

The D is playing well, and I really have no freaking idea what to expect next week. Jason Campbell is "meh" so I'm not surprised the Skins didn't keep it closer by keeping up with the offense, but I am surprised that their defense played like that. They were ranked 5th against the run and 8th against the pass coming into the game.

Speaking of defensive stats, the Colts are ranked first against the pass this year. 973 total yards allowed, 162.2 yards per game. The rushing D is still somewhat suspect, but capable of coming up big when it counts. The Colts are allowing 269.5 yards per game TOTAL. Obviously a big part of that is clock control on offense, but that's still going to be important.

The longer Peyton and company can keep Brady and Moss off the field, obviously the better. I don't think that, even if the Pats do win, it'll be as big a blowout as some think. Little known stat: Indy leads the league with the fewest penalty yards against with only 148. New England ranks 25th with 350. It may just come down to who can keep from making mistakes at the wrong time.