Old 10-28-2007, 10:34 PM

Default Re: AP Spokesman Mark Seif Video Interview Oct 26

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This kind of thing could happen at Poker Stars or Full Tilt

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? Why even try to drag the good names of legit poker rooms into this?

[/ QUOTE ]

because those sites implicitly allow for such conduct by using things like the KGC instead of having real forensic audits and investigations

their names are mud because they clearly support the crappy overseeing of the industry

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on some of the posts I've read, I think there is a substantial amount of confusion regarding my statement about Stars and Full Tilt. This is either due to me failing to be clear and/or poor editing. I don't remember.

I stated that this type of thing could happen at Stars or Tilt, because it can. Let me be clear. I think, actually, I KNOW, that Stars and Tilt are run by very ethical, highly reputable people. I have tremendous respect for the management at both sites. I play on both sites.

Having said that, its virtually impossible to ensure, in a company that has hundreds if not thousands of previous and existing employees, consultants, programmers etc. and dozens and dozens of high level managers both past and present, that there will NEVER ever be a security breach. It's just impossible to ensure against it. The liklihood is very low and there are countless measures to prevent such a breach. But it's naive to say that it could never happen.

So, if there is a breach, does that make the whole company bad? Perhaps. I'm not sure of the answer at this point.

Could the Company rehabilitate itself though? What if it tossed out the offenders, made reparations, and tried to shore up security to the best of its abilities? I'm not stuggesting anything here. I'm just asking myself these questions at the moment and wanted to clear up this misunderstanding.

I chose this topic as my fist post on 2+2. There were many choices. This is just one I wanted to clear up.

-- Mark Seif

[/ QUOTE ]

omg so you CAN see my hole cards?