View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 09:37 PM

Default Re: Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

[ QUOTE ]
Josem, you're wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I'm not actually.

[ QUOTE ]
Banks freeze money on court order all the time where fraud is alleged.

[/ QUOTE ]
AND THEY DO SO WHILE COMMUNICATING WITH THE ALLEGED FRAUDSTER!

As I've said a number of times in this thread (and elsewhere) there is nothing inherently wrong with locking an account while it is investigated.

There is, however, something wrong with locking the account and not communicating with the person who has had their account locked.

We extend this courtesy to rapists and murderers. Why are poker players less deserving than rapists and murderers?

[ QUOTE ]
They can be committing an offence if they even discuss details of a freezing order with the customer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe your claim. Here's a local example where the investigators even put out a press release detailing the alleged crimes! This was just the first result on Google.

That's a far cry from FTP where they don't even tell the poor bloke who's had tens of thousands of dollars locked up what he's under suspicion of.

[ QUOTE ]
And lol at getting any information out of Customs if they decide to stop you and inspect your body cavities.

[/ QUOTE ]

From http://www.aph.gov.au/library/pubs/b.../2000bd114.htm

"The Customs Act also stipulates when personal searches can be carried out. The stringency of the statutory regime varies according to the intrusiveness of the search. The requirements for carrying out an external search are briefly described later in this Digest. If a detainee does not consent to an internal search, an application for an order must be made to a judge. The judge must not make the order unless satisfied that there are reasonable grounds for suspecting that the detainee is internally concealing a suspicious substance...(15)"