View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 09:07 PM

Default Re: Mountaineer Trip Report- WV

Went out after work on saturday.Got there at about 4am and there was still a lot of people playing. Dealers were working overtime due to the unexpected crowd. I played 1/2 NL, very soft game, alot of limping/calling PF not many reraises at all.
Broke even after 4 hours of play. Witzo is right about the dealers, actually thought the floor people were just as bad. One guy at our table asked one of the floor people if he could get our cocktail waitress, that was nowhere to be found(they only had 1 girl for the whole room) , and he told him that he had better things to do than go looking for cocktail waitresses. I believe this was reported to upper mgmnt., cuz the dude at the table was pissed.
The hands/hour rate is horrendous, but is made up for by the weak player base. I don't see how everyone made it though dealer school. Maybe they never had tests. It's funny to see how akward the staff looks. I would say that about 80% or better look uncomfortable or lost. They should of hired a consulting company or at least went to vegas to some of the well ran rooms and tried to develope a system from that. How about the 20" flat panel TV's that are lined around the perimeter of the room about 50'away LOL? This is hilarious, you can barely even see whats on the screen. Hopefully in a couple of months they can get this thing moving, definitley a lot of potential here.