View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 08:53 PM

Default BAD RUN...................... NEED ADVICE PLEASE!!

Hey, I have been playing online poker for 2 years. It took me 1 year of learning till I started making money. This year from 1/2007 till now I have made 36K profit. I was grinding 1-2NL then 2-4 and then 3-6. I was crushing the tables considering I only play 2-3 days a week usually 2-3 tables. I jump on 5-10NL here and there and had some good results so I decided to move up. Right now I am getting slaughtered. Not from bad play I assure you cause i've been through some tough times on other levels. Its because my beats are top pair vs my set and the player back doored a boat... That happened a few times not to mention all those times I put it all in with AA and lost to 88, KK, AK, etc, from a combination of back door straights, sets, etc. I was 90+ percent favorite all those hands. This has been a tough 2 weeks. All in all I lost 7K from my bankroll. When I started playing on 5-10NL I had 26K in my bankroll cause I spend some money. Now I have 19K and I am scared, sad, and don't know what to do.

Some of you players that are at my level or better and have over come similar experience, please give me some advice. Should I continue 5-10, move down?