View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Newbie looking for help

[ QUOTE ]
I hate to say this and it may be impossible for you right now, but move up. I don't see how anyone could get a bankroll going on $0.01/$0.02 NLHE because people will call with 2 4 off and personally I think that is why you have such swings as $1-->$2-->$0.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Your biggist mistake is playing .01/.02 and expecting to test theories, build your bankroll, learn the game, etc. It's just too cheap for players to play anything. Here is how I started (I'm a semi-pro now, working my way up):

1. Thousands of hours in freeroll tournaments. This gave me a chance to learn the game. I got to see many, many hands and try out different strategies. At the same time, I was able to start building a bankroll from nothing. Play in the first 15 minutes or so of freerolls is unrealistic. After that, it becomes more real.

2. Use my bankroll to play low buy-in sit-n-gos. Play is much more realistic and you get to apply your skills to win money.

3. Expand to higher buy-in sit-n-gos and micro-stake cash games.

4. Move up as my bankroll increases, move back down if I'm getting beat. Repeat until I become more stable at higher levels.