View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 03:36 PM

Default Re: 2007 Pac 10 football thread

[ QUOTE ]
Can you honestly watch a loss like that and still feel Washington is moving in the right direction?

[/ QUOTE ]

As opposed to how ND is losing games this year? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Yes. It's only one game. Look at the season as a whole. The offense is definitely moving in the right direction, wouldn't you say?

[ QUOTE ]
I think most of the Husky faithful must be beginning to tire of these all to often come-from-ahead losses. I think this game and last year's 20-3 embarrassment to winless Stanford represent key indicators of the program's direction.

[/ QUOTE ]

People still forget where this team was when Ty took over.

People who only see the Stanford game forget the USC game and the OT loss to Cal(with our backup QB and both games away games, both games against great teams.). Those easily offset the Stanford game. You have to take the bad with the good.

Many Husky faithful forget just how tough this schedule is this year. They couldn't really expect us to be better than 2 wins going into this game(yes, there are delusional, unrealistic Husky fans who think differently). We were only really expected to win 4-5 games this year. This loss does sting, though. There's still 3 very winnable games left.

I still see signs of improvement, overall.

[ QUOTE ]
Also note loud crunching noise of the bones of Husky players snapping from the giant bus the coaching staff drove over them in the post game news conference

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially Baer. I didn't hear Ty throwing the kids under the bus. Baer sure did. Especially when he tells a reporter to go ask a kid why he was taken out of the game. Pure class. You don't do that to your kids. You don't put it on them personally like that. They aren't pros. You suck it up.

This loss wasn't on the kids. The coaches can't explain how they play as well as they did(bending but not breaking) against much tougher opponents and keeping us in games(except Oregon, as that's where the back 2 wheels fell off the defensive cart) and then fall flat on this one. That only really works if those factors are switched around. The scheme sucked. It was an extremely poor coached defense these last 2 weeks. Especially disappointing given how they've played prior. THAT's what's frustrating. The offense finally shows up and the D is off jerking off somewhere.

Ty still has another year from me. Overall, he's doing ok and still moving forward. Even with this step back.

b