View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 02:41 PM

Default Re: NLTRN: TT OOP, flop line?

Don't the Jack and Queen hit his limp/call range squarely in the face? I'd shove a LOT of flops after a solid raise oop, but this one sucks. I don't think you're folding a jack out and any queen calls. I don't think you have much more FE with a shove than any other bet in this spot. We're never folding out a better hand here as played. Feels like we are WAY BEHIND.

If he'll let us block it cheaply I donk into him and hope to avoid him coming overtop with air on a turn. A lot of these guys that like to limp call are happy to call on later streets as long as you bet. I'd probably attack your weak blocker here with as little as a flush draw given these stacks. In fact I probably bet 1/2 pot or better every single time in position as such a large portion of your range involves a mid pair, and you shove AQ AJ etc if you hit.

Your shove is definately a strong move, but I'm not sure it doesn't force our opponent to play perfectly against us. I think I'd just curse a little and shutdown on this board. Anything but a very small (probably inneffective) blocker commits and cripples us. Might as well have shoved it pf we're short anyway and will likely have to gamble to double up. Especially as it sounds like this guy is beating you on later streets.

Mike