View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 02:37 PM

Default Re: How difficult is it to become a good limit player?

[ QUOTE ]

A good player playing 20/40 can make 15-25 dollars/hour. A great player can make 50-60/hour.

Someone told me recently "The best player at the table makes a bb/hour, the second best makes half of that, the third breaks even and everyone else loses."

[/ QUOTE ]

An expert player earns an average of one BB an hour. That has been my experience playing for over three years. This is discussed in either "Gambling Theory and Other Topics" or "Poker Essays" by Mason Malmuth. I recall his quote about this, it goes something like this "If you stack eight red chips on the table, that's what you will earn per hour if you play 20/40, stack 4 chips, that's expert play at 10/20." That has been my experience on line. I play the live games on Saturday, since I have found the worst players at the largest cardroom, playing over their head, playing too many hands, and going to far with them. I believe this is about the only way I can manipulate my earn rate to be greater. The downside to this is that the terrible players do get lucky. I will know more about this in another year, since I have only been showing up in live games for a few weeks consistently.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I only play 20/40 and 40/80 during weekends, during weekdays u'll see the same players playing 20/40 and they're all tight and scared to put their money on the pot. I also notice that I win most of the times on weekends than weekdays, I consider myself an average player, but keeps studying to someday be an above average player.