View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 11:19 AM

Default Re: NFL Week 8 Player Prop Thread

[ QUOTE ]
I really like Big Ben here, mostly due to the defenses each QB will be facing

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, this was the one that I eyed yesterday.

Ben Roethlisberger +1.5 fantasy points vs. Carson Palmer at -115 for 1 unit (Bodog). I have Roethlisberger outscoring Palmer by 2 or 3 points here. These difference in quality of defenses is way too large. My only concern is that the Bengals can't stop the run either, which means the Steelers may pass less and stick with a healthy dose of FWP. But I can also see the Steelers keeping Palmer off the field by maintaining possession for long periods.

Adrian Peterson over 19.5 rushing attempts at -115 for 1 unit (Bodog). He is finally the starter. Even when he wasn't, he had 20 or more attempts in half his games. The Vikings are also starting Holcomb at QB, which suggests greater reliance on the running game. It also helps that Chester Taylor is slightly banged up. I think 22 or 23 carries seems most likely.

Ahman Green over 13 rushing attempts at -110 for 1 unit (Bodog). This line seems REALLY low. Green is finally healthy and starting. Ron Dayne has hardly played recently. I can see the Texans abandoning the run if the Chargers jump to a big lead though, so a 2-unit bet may not be warranted. Most projections I've seen suggest a total in the mid-to-high teens, which seems about right. The Chargers aren't that great against the run this year.

Best of luck to all.

YTD: 18-16, -0.17 units