View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 10:31 AM

Default Re: WOW! No Official Ranking Thread. I Will Start One

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Im still shocked @ BC not being #1. OSU's 2 best games are against a #23 Purdue team and a #25 PSU. BC beat a then ranked #15 Gtech in ATL and beat a top ten VT team @ tech. BC is winning games and yet some of you guys give teams like Florida and Auburn props for moral victories.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then-ranked doesn't mean anything. Georgia Tech isn't any better, and probably is worse than PSU or Purdue. (Maryland proved that.) The Virginia Tech game, while a good victory, was only won by poor time management by VT and little bit of luck at the end for BC (along with a couple of good drives, finally, by Matt Ryan).

Don't worry. You've got four competitive games and rematch against V Tech (most likely) to prove yourselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only connection I have to BC is that Im Catholic. I had to put that out there.

In this thread it seems like people rank teams in their poll based on how the teams are playing right now. i.e. #12 would beat #15 and so on. So if a team like GTech was playing like the #15 team when they played, why does BC not get shown love for this?

For example, in iggymcfly's poll he has Auburn #11 and UF #12. He's saying that these teams are playing like 11 and 12 right now, not looking at their entire body of work (if Im wrong on this tell me).

Regarding the bolded statement, a win is a win man and I dont believe in moral victories. BC beat VT. This is like the people who say the UM and USC upsets are flukes. Yeah they are, but they DID HAPPEN. If LSU loses another game and doesnt make the NC game, there will still be people out there saying that they are "the best team in the nation."