View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 07:53 AM

Default Re: Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

[ QUOTE ]
Customs. Not really a business but try crossing the US/Canada border with $50k in cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've gotta be kidding me if you reckon they're not going to explain what they're doing while they're doing it.

Certainly, everything the Australian Customs Service does is subject to review by a court, and they're typically pretty good at explaining what they're doing (although AQIS does much more of the seizing of stuff where this is more relevant)

[ QUOTE ]
Bank of Nova Scotia / BMO / TD Canada Trust / Royal Bank (so 4 out of 5 of the Canadian big banks) have frozen accounts of mine for anywhere from 2-3 days to 2 weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]
And I am certain they explained how and why they were doing it while they freezed your accounts.
[ QUOTE ]
I agree it is awful and shouldn't happen but real business do exactly the same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]
No. "Real" businesses let you know why they're doing it, and keep you informed of the progress.

There is obviously nothing wrong with a seizure per se; it's the lack of communication that accompanies this that is the offensive part.