View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 04:27 AM

Default Re: 2007 Pac 10 football thread

[ QUOTE ]
Almost a perfect day for Oregon, they beat USC

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I saw the game. I hope Oregon wins the rest of the year. If they do, they should be in the NC game. But they'll probably blow the Civil War. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
UCLA loses to the mighty Cougars of Washington State

[/ QUOTE ]

I picked WSU in that game. UCLA has a way of collapsing in the 2nd half of the season and WSU was due a win. A nice cold home game would be a good remedy.

[ QUOTE ]
Huskies take another tumble to add humiliation to their shameful year

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the only real humiliating and shameful loss on the year. Nothing humiliating about losing to top teams every week especially when you're competetive during them and have decent shots at winning them.

This one stung. Real bad. Def. Coordinator should be hung from the flagpole. Def isn't stopping anyone. The scheme absolutely sucks. Where's the D that was holding us in games against much, much tougher opponents while the offense sputtered? The offense finally seems to be getting on track a bit(not just against AZ, but also showed good signs against the Ducks) and the D checks out? The bend but don't break D broke big time these last 2 games.

What a waste of a near record day for Locker and a great showing by the offense in general. Btw...Locker runs the ball better than Shaun Alexander. Damn he's fun to watch.

[ QUOTE ]
The only fly in the ointment was that California lost to Arizona State

[/ QUOTE ]

I like AZ St. Go Erickson.

It's also nice to have 2 Pac 10 teams in the top 5.

[ QUOTE ]
if Cal beats ASU that would have helped the Ducks

[/ QUOTE ]

The Ducks have to beat ASU to help the Ducks. ASU v Cal wasn't really a factor. ASU winning helps keep ASU up there in the rankings and will make UO look better if they beat them next week. Giving them more leverage to get to the NC game. Actually, that kind of goes both ways.

Personally, I like both teams but think UO is the tops right now. Whoever wins, I want to win out.

I can't wait for that game.

b