View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 01:51 AM

Default Re: **Official** uNL Microbrew Thread - October PART DEUX

[ QUOTE ]
You run sick good.
or your like, poker god.

ABC poker? or unique style

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm pretty tag. standard 19/16/ag. i just make a lot of slightly -ev bets when its cheap to do so. double barreling just about any pair on any board, making cbets in [censored] spots to make cbets. its almost never THAT bad, because there are so many fish that can't think a street ahead. they call once and bail on the turn, or they have air and you win anyway. basically, even if you're tight, you can still buy a crazy agro image pretty cheaply if your'e selective about how you go about it. sets up hands like these:

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BTN: $69
Hero (SB): $100.50
BB: $89.25
UTG: $45.20
MP: $115.10
CO: $191.45

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
4 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, BB calls $2.50

Flop: ($7) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $5</font>, BB calls $5

Turn: ($17) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $12</font>, BB calls $12

River: ($41) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $20.50</font>, BB calls $20.50

Results: $82 Pot ($3 Rake)
Hero showed K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a pair of Queens) and WON $79 (+$38 NET)
BB mucked T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a pair of Tens) and LOST (-$41 NET)

that's really the key. if you can get paid a lot with marginal hands, you win so much more, because everyone tries to get money in with good hands. you don't have to be a LAG to get people into that altered state of mind where you can repeatedly rape them either.

obviously a lot of that is me running hot though, but you really can't even run hot if you don't give yourself a chance to.