View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 12:11 AM

Default 5/5 Flush draw got there on turn, I have middle 2

Live 5/5 Game.

Hero ($1k) raises UTG to $20 with QJ[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Cutoff calls
Villain (button LAG postflop player, first time I've seen him play but saw him bluff twice and make a very loose call earlier, $700) calls
SB calls

Flop A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB checks, Hero bets out $40
All call (pot now $245)

Turn 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB checks, Hero checks, Cutoff checks
Villain bets $75
SB folds
Hero calls, Cutoff folds (pot $395)

River 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero checks, Villain bets $215

In white below is my thought process and the result. Please feel free to post what you would do or responses to my thoughts:

<font color="white">I was very confused that if he had made a flush on the turn and I showed strength throughout, that he would be very worried about the paired board on the end. If he had made the boat on the river, I was confused as to why he wouldn't have played it stronger preflop (JJ maybe?). In order to call, I couldn't put him on an A either since the board bottom paired and my 2 pair was counterfeited. I figured him for a mid flush draw, like a KQ with Kc. I called.
I ended up being wrong there, but he showed T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and I took down a pretty sizable pot. I've been thinking about the hand ever since and, the more I think about it, the more I think it was an easy call. Your 2 cents please...</font>