View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 10:42 PM

Default Re: a hand from 1/2 razz

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, you're right. When I did a sim earlier for villain having A234 I probably gave too wide of a range to the 8K guy. If 8K has a very tight range, and villain has A234, we are in bad shape indeed. But if he doesn't, then our equity is always greater than 1/3. So I think this is really a crucial point. Also, if there is ANY CHANCE, like even 10%, that villain has worse than a 4-card 5, then your equity will be above 1/3, even if 8K is perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

okay, it's pretty funny that you're randomly scared of AAA in one thread and then autocapping with 34% equity in this one.

the trick is that equity in razz has no relationship to what twodimes says it is because it so drastically changes from street to street. the exception (which, admittedly, is really the majority) is when you have a four card hand and know you are seeing a river. this, however, is not one of those times, because if seat 6 catches a 5-7 on fifth and you brick you are probably better off folding. (sixth, like here, is prob breakeven.)

twodimes equity is all well and good, but gets you nowhere if there is a significant chance you will be folding the best hand or a live draw along the way.