View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 09:16 PM

Default Re: \"Earn $30,000 Per Month Playing Online Poker\" by Ryan Wiseman

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really understand the purpose of writing a book on how to crush the SNGs at PP when US players can't even play there.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was written by a Canadian, presumably directed towards that, and the foreign, market (it looks to have been printed in the UK as well).

For an absolute beginner, I actually don't see the book as that bad. It's pretty prescriptive in telling beginners how to play these tourneys. But it does look like it's been put together as not much more than a newsletter that the authors had initially written it as.

One of the first things that I read that struck me as unusual was in the second chapter, where the author says (I'm paraphrasing), "We're going to assume you have some understanding of pot odds". This was after the first chapter outlining how to open an online account at Partypoker.

I wonder who Wiseman is? It's not easy to make $30K a month playing SNG's and go completely unnoticed by the poker community. Wiseman's probably a pseudonym. I know RyanGHall is from the same part of Canada and has probably put up those $'s.

Anyway, it's obviously not directed at the market that cruises 2+2, but I'm not sure that it's a total disaster for the beginner either.

Jase