View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 07:30 PM

Default Re: Just got paid.

[ QUOTE ]
Why do people keep saying 'there is no evidence' re: Mark Seif cheating?

[/ QUOTE ]
I've tried to keep saying that there is no credible evidence.

While, technically, a blog post by someone one and a half years ago is evidence, I dont think it is credible.

[ QUOTE ]
There is PLENTY of evidence. Enough to convince a great many experienced poker players already. What we don't have - yet - is proof in the form of incriminating HH.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think there is any poker player who plays 100/200 limit, or 10/20 no limit or above on a regular basis that would claim to be "convinced" that Mark cheated.

[ QUOTE ]
There is not, as yet, that HH evidence. Right now, that's essentially the only difference between Seif's incident and Potripper.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's a pretty [censored] big difference.

The absence of evidence in Mark's case should not give people the right to create evidence by filling in the gaps.

[ QUOTE ]
The accusation, made at the time, was that Seif was cheating SOMEHOW while playing on AP. But, to prove it without the HH was impossible - and Seif sure as hell didn't have to release his HH at the time because the very idea of a 'God-mode' was utterly ridiculous, according to Seif's buddies at AP. Hold that thought.

[/ QUOTE ]
Stuckingph could provide a HH; AP could provide a HH; an observer could provide an AP.

So far, none have been able to. So, until the proof arrives, let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

[ QUOTE ]
18 months later, it turns out that the method suspected at the time ('God-mode') IS IN FACT REAL. Who had access to it? Why, AP management! And - wow! - Mark Seif is part of AP management...

[/ QUOTE ]
I am very confident that Mark Seif is not part of AP management.

[ QUOTE ]
So what are we left with for Seif's defence now? Can't say God-mode doesn't exist... Can't say Seif isn't in bed with AP... Can't say he didn't say maybe POTRIPPER just got lucky before the HH proved otherwise... Aha! Got it!

[/ QUOTE ]
How the hell is he supposed to defend himself against an accusation that 18months ago he allegedly open folded a hand, and allegedly could see hole cards?

What would you suggest he do in his situation?

[ QUOTE ]
(BTW, proof beyond a reasonable doubt is all it takes. If I were on a jury, I think I know how I'd vote.)

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank god I'm never going to be charged with a crime and have you on my jury.

The suggestion that the stuff against Mark could hold up in a Western court of law is absurd. It's not even close to reality.