View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 05:52 PM

Default my view on dealer mistakes, attitude, tips etc

I agree this seems like a trivial mistake. You know I could critique and criticize every dealer all the time, but when I'm playing I don't really care. The dealer can make mistakes and I'm not going to butt in unless it's really critical. I'm not going to stop tipping over a mistake either. Hey, I've made lots of mistakes. Just last week I misread a $25 bet for only being $20. Luckily, I escaped the gallows on that one.

I'm more concerned with the dealer's overall impact on the table. A new dealer who's paying attention and trying hard can make a mistake and that's ok. I'm not going to be a ballbuster over little things while playing (I'm not while dealing either). Dealing is much harder than it looks, as I found out when I was new. Friendliness is also of paramount importance to me, as is appreciation for tips. They don't have to be chatty, but they do need to be friendly. (I don't want inexperienced dealers being chatty at all, less worried about experienced ones as long as they're not constantly screwing up cuz they're talking). And for cripes sakes, say thank you for a friggin' tip. I say thank you for every tip, which equates to saying thousands and thousands and thousands of thank yous every year. I'm ok with that because I do appreciate getting tipped.

Al