View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 05:36 PM

Default Re: The hardest spot in micro stakes poker? JJ from the SB

My game is TAGgy 23/17 ish and I think preflops not too great.

Yes sometimes we gots to raise (whether we should raise or not I think has more to do with recent table history than much else) but more often than not I flat call and reeval after the flop drops.

Sometimes he's stealing or at least raising the bottom part of his range (the part we are WA of) and a 3bet folds these hands often. He'll call with hands we are slightly ahead of (AK/AQ/etc) which will land us OOP in an inflated pot having to fire blind into the villain and when an overcard to our pair flops we are in downtown RIO and will win a little or lose a stack.

IF the villain who open raised tends to call 3bets and fold to flop aggression I am ore inclined to 3bet pre - my standard play is to call and keep the pot small - I'd guess I 3bet ~30% and call the rest.

Seeing as we did raise and we are here now I think we have to make a bet and rep AK and to do that 1/2 pot is the way forward - fold to further aggro unless we spike the set cos a meowchow TAG villain here is rarely calling/raising our flop bet with a hand that TPGK would beat (and we have less than that)

My line with pairs ike TT/JJ here is to play them pretty much the same way I'd play 22/33