View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 05:11 PM

Default Re: Any suggestions on how I played this hand?

You slow played your monster hand. Why? It was hidden pretty well. It's not like you have an Ace and there are 2 aces on the board. You should have bet the pot here. That will get rid of decent players without a pair. What you want to catch is the guy with an overpair to the board or a set. Betting the pot keeps these guys in, gets rid of all the draws (except the idiots). You can't avoid losing a pot to a calling station here but I don't think this guy is one from your description. You let him catch up trying to be a pig. Pigs get slaughtered in this game. Don't be a pig. To a good player who moves all in here (and rarely uses that move) I'd have to consider laying down here. It's easy for me to say in hindsight. It's a semi-difficult lay down, I agree there.

I think it's much more interesting when you pose a question to not give us the outcome of the hand until it's been answered by a few players. I think it adds quite a bit to the coversation when you get to see how players think out the hand. Later you can clue us all in. ;-)