View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 05:06 PM

Default Re: Games that made you cry.

Danish soccer. Brøndbys second last game at home vs nr. 2 the big local rival FC Copenhagen. It had been kinda a cinderella season. Micheal Laudrup had taken over as manager before the season and started out badly. At the winter break the were 11 points behind, but they turned it around and played great the rest of the season. With a young talented team they just needed a draw at home and a likely win away in the last game to win the league.

I had graduated high school the day before and didnt get tickets to the match cos we had a student graduation dinner the night of the game, but me and a friend couldnt not watch the game. So we planned on watching it on television then going to the party.

In the 94. minut Copenhagen makes it 0-1 while the Brøndby fans were singing "its coming home". Brøndby didnt even get to start the game again. At first I just felt empty, then I felt sad. Ive never felt so upset after a football game. I think I ended the night puking in someones back yard after going to the party and getting absolutely wasted.

Kinda boring youtube link if anybody cares: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u0CPgDkdok