View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Bryce up >2 mill this year at lol limit

[ QUOTE ]
TheBryce,

Can you tell us how you went about improving your game early on?

Did you datamine a bunch and run PT queries?
Did you work stuff out using Stove and pen and paper?
Did you get expensive 1-1 coaching?
Or just IM/post with other players?

Now that you're better than everyone else, what do you do to work on your game? PT queries on your own db? coaching/opinions from ppl who are almost as good as you?

Sorry for noob questions but this is really impressive and is making me feel kinda sorry for myself that I am -6bb/100 loser after 3k hands at huhu and struggle to beat 10/20 and 15/30 Stars 6max games.

[/ QUOTE ]

The most valuable stuff was recording and watching a a bit of my own play daily (usually 30 minutes or so) and spending a lot of time with pokerstove to get an idea of how often people had particular hands and then doing pen and paper work to find the best line.

[ QUOTE ]

did he confirm he has backers?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dean and a friend of his had 25% of my action when I took a shot at 1k/2k in big Benyamine/Sassi session (I'd elected to pull some capital for real estate investments rather than run 1k/2k at the time) and so I (quite happily) sent about 110k of that there way. Dean called the friend in question on Skype later and thought to record the call, which actually made my day:

(Yes there's spam in this, but I had to insert some sort of graphic to be able to host it on youtube, so spam it is.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR9p_qX4qZM