View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Games that made you cry.

As a kid I had two where I bawled. Not sure they are really what OP is looking for, but I did cry a ton.

The first was the the 49ers - Giants game where Montana got knocked out.

The second was UCLA - Oregon in 1990. I absolutely loved Bill Musgrave and it was his last game at Oregon. Oregon came back to win on a Musgrave TD in the last minute. It was his last pass in Autzen Stadium.

I don't think I've actually full on cried at any game since. I got damn close when the Blazers blew it against LA. Game 6 of the 2002 World Series would certainly have done it had that been game 7 (or I somehow knew the game 7 result). The Pick (Washington - Oregon 1994) is probably the most excited I've ever been at a game. I was freaking out but I probably didn't cry, though I may have.

edit: actually I did cry during the UEFA Cup final two years ago. This is probably as much about missing Sevilla and my friends there as the match itself because I shed a few cheers just when the teams came out.

On a slightly different note I have cried a fair bit over the death of Antonio Puerta. I still get close if I watch a clip of his goal against Schalke in the semifinal of the UEFA Cup, and on occasion will shed a tear when I'm watching Sevilla play and the ball goes down the left.