View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 03:08 PM

Default Re: Defense against the squeeze play...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Honestly with cheating as a giant unknown, I sometimes wonder how it's possible to make money playing cards.

[/ QUOTE ]You need to get out to Bay101. I don't know if there is cheating or not, but if there is it doesn't seem to matter a whole lot since there are so many bad players giving away money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that's the thing. I don't play live all that much, but I do sometimes and do much better than online even accounting for player quality. But if it weren't for the actual results I wouldn't think playing live is a good idea.

Put another way, I only moved up in stakes once, when I was on vacation (it was 15/30 and 30/60, I don't play that high). I played maybe 16 hours and finished up $900. I also found a marked ace at a table filled with "regulars". Should I find this trip encouraging or discouraging?

If it weren't for the actual results...

[ QUOTE ]

I think it has to do w/ the fact that there are very few no limit games in the Bay Area (most are spread limit maxing out at 200), and those few games are either very small, or big enough that the player pool is relatively small

[/ QUOTE ]

good point