View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 03:06 PM

Default Re: Games that made you cry.

[ QUOTE ]

Teens and later: Aaron Boone brought me very close to tears, as did the Blazers game 7 choke job against the Lakers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not with you on Boone but I definitely teared up after game 7 against the Lakers. I'm still pissed about it today. Maybe more about that than any game I didn't participate in.

[ QUOTE ]

I left Autzen stadium on the verge of tears after the 2001 game vs. Stanford.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was mostly in shock then. This game may have been a bigger choke job than the Blazer game with 2 blocked punts and losing an onside kick. The problem here is that the ramifications of it weren't clear at the time.

[ QUOTE ]

When some USC guy hit a three pointer against the Ducks with under three seconds left, down five... then stole the inbounds pass and drained a half court shot at the buzzer, I would have cried if I wasn't so stunned. I think those have been the toughest games for me in my adult life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Adam Spanich

With .8 left he picked the ball out of the air, dribbled and chucked it up. No way did he actually get it off.

You left out the worst part. He jumped up onto the media table in front of the student section and made the slash across the throat gesture in our face. They gave students construction hats (stupid Pit Crew [censored]) and a ton of those went flying at him. He also spilled coke on Phil Knight when he jumped up on the table. I was a Freshman then and it is one of the strongest memories from all the games I went to.

It wasn't really tear worthy though as it was early in the season and we didn't have such high expectations that year. Anytime Mike Carson and Flo are your centers you don't expect all that much.