View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 02:17 PM

Default Re: Mountaineer Trip Report- WV

The players are really bad still but the room imho gets worse. Just as the dealers are starting to get a little better they have new rules set up by the "lottery commission".

Now every down, the Floor has to come over and count the racks and write things down. Floor still has to verify chips when someone is giving change and once my table got shorthanded we were informed no rake-break cause the "Lottery Commission" won't let them.

I feel like a little kid being told to not be naughty cause the devil will get'cha. They're turning the lottery commission into this figurehead of evil for all the problems with the room.

The lottery commission isn't the one who slowly answers floor calls. The lottery commission isn't the one who's not allowing players to buy the button, and the lottery commission aren't the ones who won't allow live straddles.

I got called to a game last night when a new game started and 12 people showed up to sit down. Of those 12 1/2 of them were never on the list to begin with. What happens? First Come First serve sat down and played. The floor still will not use the electronic board to go over peoples names, scratch off the top 10 and move the game along.

Names aren't properly being removed from the board as well.

Way to blow a lot of money on a awesome system that no one apparently knows how to implement!

I've decided for myself that I'm sick of playing 15 hands an hour and driving solo to do it. Though my win-rate there is currently much higher then playing online the stress of watching ineptness destroy an otherwise beautiful poker room isn't worth it.

If I'm there it's cause I'm with friends and didn't drive solo, or my old man wanted to go up and bet the ponies.

Else I'll give it till thanksgiving and wait to see what improves.

(With that said all my friends are degenerates too so I'll probably be up twice a week with them [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] But it's under protest)