View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 10:09 AM

Default Re: 8/16 hi n00b HU vs apparent shark

I don't understand the hand history. You can only bet $8 at $8/16? The whole thing with calling everything a bet is a bit confusing.

Is it capped on 3rd and 4th? If so, I think trying to c/r on 5th is way fancy. You've shown strength, so either he'll just raise you if you bet, or he'll check behind if you check.

It's a hard question whether or not to 3b 5th in case he raises you. Probably 3b if he is good and aggressive, but against many opponents on sub-$5/10 heads up calling a raise on 5th might be good.

Since his board isn't paired, the odds that he has made Qs up isn't that great (I think around 1/4), so overall I think you gain on leading out. But since it might be slightly marginal without having paired I might consider c/c to set up for later street c/r in other hands. I only play up to $5/10 and I would not consider 3-betting 6th with just one pair. But obviously you would have gotten value here, so it's kind of up to you.

I would go for a c/r on 7th (although looking at the results this would not have worked).