View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 09:34 AM

Default Re: Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

I see nothing bash-worthy here. Looks all well and good to me.

FWIW - it's not just a matter of everytime this happens at FT we all go crazy and jump on the bandwagon and it's all FT bashing from all the Stars lovers.
If Stars did something like this to one of their customers I would be tearing into them and their inapprorpiate conduct just as much if not moreso. Although the phrase, "this is the type of thing I would expect to see at FT" might pop in there at some point.

Anyway, I don't even go so far as to not recommend people stop playing there and I'm a little surprised at some of those who are so turned off by this incident that they say it isn't worth playing there at all. But if it puts you at ease of mind that your money won't get locked then I suppose it's pretty understandable.
But for those who want to play there I hardly advocate abandoning them entirely over something like this. It's a pretty small risk overall obviously. Especially if you don't do player-transfers and probably also true if you don't play very much heads-up.
However, if you're a high-volume player-transfer and heads-up kind of guy then it seems you run a higher risk but I still think it's more likely to just end up being a major inconvenience and a lot of stress without REALLY having to worry about them stealing your money if you really didn't do anything wrong.

I do think people should continue to speak up though which is I guess what ends up looking like 'everyone jumping on the bandwagon'.
FT's behavior on this has been pretty bad. They might not think they have done anything wrong and that people like me are over-reacting. But if nobody else speaks up and they are allowed to get away with continuing to think that they're doing things just fine then they will just keep on doing it.

And anyone who deigns to actually ask FT why they haven't been responded to within the time-frame that FT themselves previously gave will continue to be told that they are being kind of a pest and that the money will be frozen for even longer if they don't stop.