Thread: preflop
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 08:04 AM

Default Re: preflop

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You can also try and find the thread in MHSSH or high stakes where he defends the play. Its actually quite interesting

To me

Stox = convincing evidence

Untill I am presented with results or strong evidence that suggest the opposite I am gonna do what players better than me tells me to.

Stop folding yo!

[/ QUOTE ]

aren't you the same guy who disagreed with stox's preflop recommendations as being too tight? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but I cant go lower than 22 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

On a serious note. This is another spot where we either cant extract the empirical reults or will just never get enough observations.

But I have one other loosish observation.

Over that 1½ years or so I have regularly proposed "too loose" preflop play and been berated by various posters. Usually you get useless one liners and nobody has ever presented any evidence proving that their "tight is right" nit approach is optimal. Then I tell people I have good results with it and 2 weeks later I debate the same play with another guy...

I make the plays I do, I dont claim to know that all of them are +EV. I know some of them are. Like expanding my OTB range quite a bit past Stox proposed range or calling suited junk in BB getting 5:1 or opening KJo UTG. These are all plays I have been told several times CAN NOT be +EV and yet they are all with a winrate significant larger than 0 on a 98% level...

The annoying part is when people who dont really have any proof of their POW tells you its -EV. In particular when they just use them silly 1-liners.

Seriously. STOP FOLDING!

Oh and i know I am coming off as a crybaby now