View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 04:25 AM

Default KJ vs loose passive

I've been thinking about this hand since it happened yesterday and I don't know if I played it well or not.

Villian is a typical loose passive 40/1/0.7 type.
FWIW my image should be very tight, I'd not played a hand for quite a while at this table.

Prima Poker skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
hero: $108.40
UTG+1: $128.41
CO: $232.03
Button: $16.66
SB: $106.45
BB: $79.10

Pre-flop: (6 players) hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $4</font>, UTG+1 calls, 4 folds.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($9.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets $7</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($23.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets $14</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($51.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets $35</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $70</font>, hero ???

On the turn I wanted to slow down but with all the draws out there I thought I needed to bet. On the river the fd missed and I just made trips which puts me ahead of AQ, KQ, KK, AA. If I check this opponent isn't the type to bluff so I must value bet here now right? Once he's raised am I done with the hand? It's about 5/1 on a call and there are still a ton of Jx hands I beat.

Finally, is raising KJ preflop ok here? Behind this guy were 3 other loose players. I'm currently playing a pretty nitty 17/12 game but am trying to open that up a bit. At tables with 3-4 40+ vpip should I stick to nittyness in EP and start raising more from LP. I think I already know the answer to this one.

Thanks for your advice.