View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 01:23 AM

Default Re: Genarlow Wilson -- Georgia is insane

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

In any event, he didn't do anything legally wrong. Morally, that's a completely different argument.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there really nothing legally wrong with a DA prosecuting "forcible rape" when he knew it was consensual? This seems to be a gross perversian of our justice system and an issue with our system of "checks and balances."

From what I know (and, granted, I haven't heard all of the evidence), the DA in Durham, NC should have been imprisoned over the Duke lacrosse "rape."

[/ QUOTE ]

I was referring specifically to the detective when I made that statement. My training comes from a law enforcement background, so I'm really not competent enough to comment from a legal standpoint on whether DA McDade can be prosecuted or not.

As for the Duke case, I also can't comment on the DA, but it is my firm belief that the "victim" in that case should be charged.

In this case, the "victim" was a scared girl, who, after a drunken night, felt she may have been raped.

In the Duke case, the victim knew damned well she wasn't raped, and was out looking for attention and money.