View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 12:52 AM

Default am i too weak tight - a tough spot

30Nl deep.

Villain in question seemed decent. 25/16/2.55

Normally muck q9 in big blind from a raise but only min raise and multiple callers. Flop top two. Bet out just over 4/5 pot with it because of the various draws. Initial raiser calls then villain in question raises on the button to 10. Now i think at this point i have 3 options

1)Tell myself my hand is good and reraise commiting myself to the pot
2) Muck the hand
3) call and crai on safe turn

I though about what he might hold, qq we can rule out, 99 is unlikely- he'll prob reraise some of the time preflop and the 9 on the flop would be the case one. 33 is a possibiliy, but i think he would probably raise more here to protect his hand. Q9 is a possibility. AQs could be in his range as could a suited ace. I think he's unlikely to do this with j10 altough he certainly would do this with j10s.

He may also see me as weak leading out maybe with a one pair hand, the initial raiser (as no reraise by him when calling on drawy board) can be seen as weak so he may be raising on the draw with the benifit of position. What's everybody opinion on this hand? What do they do? Any thoughts on my thought process. I rather wish i'd reraised now.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.30 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

Hero ($98)
UTG ($34.90)
MP ($56.60)
Button ($60)
SB ($52.05)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9, Q.
UTG raises to $0.6</font>, MP calls $0.60, Button calls $0.60, 1 fold[/i]</font>, Hero calls $0.30.

Flop: ($2.55) 3, 9, Q (4 players)</font>
Hero bets $2.3</font>, UTG folds, MP calls $2.30, Button raises to $10.2</font>, Hero folds, MP folds.

Final Pot: $9.45

lol i think my fold was very weak tight looking back at it now.