View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 12:39 AM

Default Re: [PL20] I have an ovrpair + oesfd, hows my play

I don't like repotting pre OOP with kings deep, generally, even if they are likely to be good. You're saying 'I have a high pair' and you have a high pair. I'm more liable to do it obviously when my other two cards are co-ordinated, but rating to be good is not a good enough reason to repot pre.

I don't like the minraise on the flop very much either, but it's not terrible. You're probably winning against the shorty, against whom you'd prefer to get it HU, so raise something meaningful like another $12. That way, if you get called, you know you're up against a monster draw or a monster made hand. Once the turn gives you an overpair, flush draw and openender (the straight flush outs count for very little - according to your HH you don't even have one fyi), you're in pretty good shape against naked two pair, so I just pot it and expect to have the best hand a decent % of the time and the best 3-way draw the rest. Pushing all-in on the turn rather than check-calling is much better when you have a decent sidepot to fight over rather than just $6. Check-calling the turn becomes a much better play if and only if deep villain is willing to semibluff or isolate with good pair + draw type hands. As it stands, especially against a donk, you rate to get your money in in fairly good shape for either/both pots, so I wouldn't fold if you've checked.