View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 08:54 PM

Default Re: Handwriting Analysis Describes your Personality Amazingly

There are a couple of aspects of handwriting that make it more interesting to think about, such as:

Motor skills: your hand is controlled by your brain obviously. Some personality traits that manifest themselves in physical ways (think, large gestures, jittery etc vs quiet, still or a heavy vs light touch) are quite reasonable to infer that they show up in your handwriting.

Aesthetics: if everyone in a class learnt their penmanship together, would you expect their handwriting to be quite similar to each other? Not unreasonable...and I would say that the younger you are, the more similar your handwriting is to others. But some people develop more 'fancy' writing styles by choice (think, there are various ways to write certain letters, 'f' for example can be written quite differently). Chances are, if you develop a fancier writing style because you like it better, it could well indicate more flamboyance or independence than someone who's handwriting looks exactly the same as it did when they were 11 years old.

Finally - your signature: this is perhaps the best indicator of some personalty traits. They are the words you write more than anything else, and in most cases, it looks nothing like the way you would write your name as if they were simply words in a sentence. Why is that?

I did a study in graphology in my first year Pyschology degree (it seemed fun and easy), and while there were no major correlations with personality tests, there were some interesting results. Pop psychology-like generalisations like open/closed 'o's being an indicator of how well you keep secrets are not really valid, but play more on making analogies of letters with real-world situations. Another one is unjoined letters indicates a good imagination. These kind of descriptions are a bit silly, but other aspects shouldn't be dismissed quite as quickly.