View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Not convinced KK all-in preflop up to 100BB is good idea (at $0.50

well have some view for practice here...

most of those people know that you can create situations where its ok to fold Kings.

But answers like yours confuse NL50 players. they do not know math as good as you do and they do not know poker as good as you do

so if a NL50 guy asks me: what to do with KK i say: move it, always.

sometimes he will make a mistake by calling/moving it. but its better than exlain him some strange situation where its ok to fold and he goes to the table and misinterpret the next situation.

90% of the time its +EV to call KK or shove it. you will have enough FEQ if you shove and have good enough pot odds to call after you've 4bet for 30BB and this covers most of the situation a NL50 player with 50k hands livetime played will encounter

so for 100BB you should almost always go all the way, and there are mathematical reasons to it.

you can always make up a situation where its ok to fold second nuts but what does the NL50 player care who does tons of mistakes bigger than the 10 bigblinds you loose when you call your kings in the couple of spots its ok to fold.

i know that "always" literarly means a 100% and but if you pick the statement apart because you argue that there is some hypothetical situation where a tight player pushes 100BB in your open raise then you are way to much into math... and way to less in an NL50 player's mind!