View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Have you had your wisdom teeth out yet?

[ QUOTE ]
Still have mine. I'm 33. Dentist said they should come out before the grow in when I was 17. I said no. Glad I did.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still have mine in, which should be coming out in the spring of next year (I'm holding off as long as I can). But the hell I've gone thru with these badboys still in is indescribable. I get constant infections from the points of the upper back molars create sores thru the gum right above a wisdom tooth. Just recently I went to my Dentist who shaved back one of the points that was causing most of the sores and haven't had an infection since *knock on wood*.

I compare the infection pain to labor pains... Except that whenever you swallow, move your tongue, talk, anything that involves your mouth is extremely painful. Labor pains, went away for a couple mins atleast (and then obv, they drug you, but that's besides the point). This last bout of pain was the worst I'd ever experienced. I even had leftover antibiotics to combat it when I first felt it spring up, but MY GOD!!! I really wouldn't wish that pain on anyone. I couldn't talk, and I lost over 5 lbs that week cuz I couldn't eat.