View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 04:41 PM

Default Re: Share Your Easy Recipes with the 21 Year Old

There's a million types of rubs and seasonings for chicken. I have one that was just from the generic "international" aisle of my grocery store that is some wasabi and pepper dry stuff that you just coat your chicken with then either bake or throw in a pan. tasty and plenty of options.

Some more real recipes:

Shrimp fajitas:

Cut up red peppers and put in frying pan in a little oil. Cut up onions, add to oil. In five minutes add thawed precooked shrimp (tails off). Toss on some cayenne and black pepper and salt.

Separately, open can of black beans, strain, put in dish. Throw some preshredded cheese in dish. Microwave some tortillas for 30 seconds, put on plate.

If you want, cook some instant rice.

turkey chili:

get a big pot, put a little oil in, add ground turkey over medium heat til it browns. add some chopped onions, let cook for minute or two. then add some tomatoes sauce, a few cans of red beans, a few cans of black beans, a teaspoon of cayenne and a tablespoon of cumin. bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer on very low heat for however long you like. (i usually wait an hour, but you don't have to). serve covered with cheese and tortilla chips. plenty for days.

make some box instant cornbread on the side.

mini turkey burgers:

mix up some ground turkey and chopped onions and spices, form into mini patties. toss them in a pan. toss some turkey bacon in separate pan. heart dinner rolls into over. cut up some lettuce. make burger.