View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 04:36 PM

Default Re: lol going blind at 22: surgery trip report

[ QUOTE ]
I know you're going through a tough time with the surgery and [censored] but I really don't see how you have a legitimate reason to hate your parents. That's the way dads work dude, they criticize you so you can learn from it (to a certain extent). I'm sure you'll be doing it to a certain extent as well. I really don't see how you have a right to hate your parents or w/e, they prolly love you to death, are caring for you in your time of desperation, and are basically doing everything to make you feel better (what I took out of it.)

That said, I'm glad you did well with your surgery. But you're descriptions had me wincing and shuddering and I got goosebumps, so you did a good job as a writer.

[ QUOTE ]

fwiw i think that you should tell your gf that no sports left a hole in your life that she can't fill. post a tr.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I remember correctly, OP can't get BJ's or have sex so that's out of the question.

But yeah, sorry if I was too harsh.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was kinda the conclusion I was coming to in terms of my parents; I know they love me and I know I am partially an a-hole for even considering taking them for granted. However, in a vacuum isolated from the eye issue, I still think that I have a valid reason to have some problems with them.

The most simple way to sum it up is, they are uber catholic. My whole youth was built around shaming me, and when I got old enough to realize my place in the world, I found them to be totally intolerant, ignorant people based on a real world model. The best example of this is that they obviously don't believe in premarital sex, which I understand why they are into it, but I really would rather boink my gf, and even in college they would try to stop me (tell me if i went up to UW madison to see my gf and they found out, they would pull me out of college). When I have kids, I want them to grow up around some kind of religion just to teach them values, but then let them grow into what suits them, as a result of my parents.

BTW, I said no sexytime in the other thread, but turns out it's alright, I just have to be careful [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]